I want to preface this post by saying that I still have a full-time job and still live at home. That is basically the only way I can support purchasing these products and I bought them all over the course of 2 months, so it’s not like I just drop this much money on an average weekend.
1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 Rose Beige. Surprisingly I’m not the lightest shade for once! Since this was a relative investment for a makeup purchase, I asked the girl at the counter to do a color match for me. She was very sweet and helpful and went through all the foundations with me, but I landed on the Aqua since summer is always brutal in DC, it had the highest SPF, and the consistency is really light but still gives relatively good coverage! There are a million youtube reviews of this foundation so I barely think I need to say anymore.
2. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. This is the piece de resistance for me of this post. Upon my return from Peru I was greeted with a really fun bout of eyelid eczema. You can google images it and get an idea of how fun it’s been. For a while I completely nixed wearing any eye makeup hoping that would solve the problem. This is not my first time with EE, but last time it just went away! Not the case now, seeing as I’ve had it for a little over two months now. It got so bad that yesterday I looked like I was punched in the face, which my cubicle-mate took full advantage of joke-wise. Like I said, I’ve tried not wearing cosmetics which didn’t help, olive oil, Burt’s Bees, Vaseline, A & D ointment, I even went to the doctor who gave me permission to try Cortizone cream for a while. I have found a friend in the Aveno Eczema Cream, but it hasn’t really fixed the problem. I finally did some extreme googling last night and found a discussion board that unanimously recommended 8 Hour Cream, so this morning I woke up, got Chic fil A breakfast (because, well, I deserved it), and went to Marshall’s! Where I found it for half the price at $9.99! I’ve already applied twice today and I no longer look like a vampire which is invaluable to me! It has a bit of a greasy texture to it, I’m not sure how makeup application will go since I like to give my eyes a rest on the weekends. I’ll report further once I have a bit more experience with this product, but after 12 hours I’ve really loved it!
3. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. I would like to start by saying I LOVE the way this product smells. Not only that, but it seriously revives my skin every night. I think I’ll eventually do a post or video regarding my night time skin-care routine since I think I’ve perfected it. This is a very big part of my success though. I apply after toner and right before lotion. Honestly, if you disregarded all other products I’ve ever recommended and only bought this one, I wouldn’t think you were a fool. It’s that good.
4. Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins. I was introduced to this after stumbling into an empty Origins just to have a look-around and being offered a free mini facial! It was very fun, and not awkward because the girl talked a lot so I didn’t have to. She recommended some really nice stuff, but I’m a sucker for face masks and night creams, hence I bought a face mask and this night cream. Kind of a corny name for the product, but it has a great consistency and really moisturizes my skin through the night, so there’s a lot of repairing going on which I need! Plus Estee Lauder owns Origins as their organic line so it feels like 3 and 4 really compliment each other.
5. Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer in Bare Radiance. I’ve heard a lot of really amazing things about Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers, plus I’m just a big fan of the concept. Just as a warning, this is an “illuminating” face product which is code for “glittery” face product, regardless of the size of the glitter. Luckily, this is a very fine sheen that really does brighten the whole face. That being said, if you’re having a rough skin day with blemishes or anything, I would use something with more coverage and less shimmer since it will just drawn attention to everything you won’t want it to. Learn from my mistakes. Otherwise, it’s a really great product. It literally lights up your face giving you a natural glow and does a pretty good job moisturizing, but I still use it in conjunction with a lighter moisturizer.
Again, I know a lot of these products are relatively expensive, but for the quality and the length of time they’ll last you, they’re definitely worth it. I would recommend any of these if you’re looking for a high-end beauty purchase in the future!